M. Michael Stephenson
Attorney Mike Stephenson has 40 years of experience and is a trusted advisor to many individuals and companies. His current practice is dominated by civil litigation in state and federal courts. He focuses much of his time on handling catastrophic injuries caused by all types of accidents, including car wrecks, semi, industrial, product liability, and fire, just to name a few. He also works extensively in construction-related matters.
Mike believes that a thorough and detailed investigation is required to determine all passible legal theories which may be available to fully protect the client’s interests and to identify the total extent of the damages. He recognizes that a thorough analysis often requires hiring expert witnesses in all types of fields, including medical, visibility, engineering, reconstruction, and wood science. He has retained expert witnesses from around the world, including a gentleman who obtained the first patent for a specific tool when the product design and function was at issue. He has also retained an expert witness from Europe when the design of another product was in question.
Mike is a proven advocate and trial attorney. He has served as lead trial counsel in more than 100 civil jury trials, and has handled litigation in 18 states. He uses the most advanced technology available to most effectively demonstrate and aid in the presentation of his client’s position. The firm uses state-of-the-art software to integrate sound, still photos, and moving images to illustrate to juries critical information that words cannot accurately describe. Mike has worked extensively with High Impact Litigation, Inc. and other similar companies to provide detailed animations to demonstrate and allow a jury to visualize evidence.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury Claims
- Product Failure & Defective Product
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana J.D.
- Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, Kentucky, 1979 B.S.
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude / Major: Criminal/Police Administration
- Indiana, 1982
Courts of Practice
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1982
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1993
- Litigation Counsel of AmericaTrial Lawyer, Honorary Society
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
Honors and Awards
- Indiana Super Lawyer, 2003 – present
- Contact Mike
- (317) 680-2014
- Download vCard
Super Lawyers Recognition
Martindale-Hubbell Attorney Peer Ratings
Indianapolis Bar Foundation
The National Trial Lawyers