We Won A $48.5 Million Truck Accident Case
We took more than 60 depositions in five different states. Because of Stephenson’s tireless advocacy, shortly before the trial was to commence, the defendants settled the case for $48.5 million.
Bucket Truck Accidents Lawyer Helps Recover Compensation
Bucket trucks, sometimes called basket cranes, boom trucks, or “cherry pickers,” pose many hazards and risks. While most jobs have hazards, the chances of being injured while working in a bucket truck are serious. Workers are sometimes positioned more than 100 feet above the ground, occasionally near power lines, so bucket truck injuries are often severe and sometimes fatal. Survivors often face mounting bills a time they are in pain and unable to work, and life may never be the same.
If you or loved one has been injured or someone has died in a bucket truck accident in Indiana, you may be entitled to receive financial compensation for your losses and injuries. However, insurance companies often attempt to deny claims or pay out less than you deserve, and may even try to put the blame for the accident on you, so it can be difficult to get fair compensation on your own.
At this difficult time, when you are dealing with the consequences of the accident, an Indianapolis work injury lawyer can take the burden off you and help fight for the compensation you deserve. The skilled and experienced attorneys at Stephenson Rife have represented hundreds of clients injured in workplace accidents and have successfully secured optimum compensation, and are prepared to do the same for you.
We are dedicated to aggressively representing injured clients and securing the best possible outcomes possible. We offer a free consultation to review your case and determine the best path to full compensation and benefits.
Our Bucket Truck Accident Lawyer Works for You
Why Choose Stephenson Rife?
There are many attorneys out there, and it’s important for you to find one who knows workplace injury law and who has the resources and qualifications to get the results you need. Here are some reasons why we think you should choose Stephenson Rife to represent you:
- We are experienced. We have been meeting the needs of people throughout Indiana since 1976. Mike Stephenson has 40 years of experience handling injuries and is a trusted advisor to many individuals and companies.
- We get results and win large settlements, such as the $48.5 million we won in a truck accident case. We have a strong record of success for a wide range of personal injury cases. You can read our clients’ testimonials and about their cases.
- We handle all required legal requirements, forms, paperwork, and court appearances.
- We deal and negotiate with insurance companies, so you won’t have to.
- We are recognized for our expertise and are the law firm that other law firms consult
- We offer free initial consultations to get you started.
- We are able to provide cost-effective legal services to keep fees low, and you pay us nothing unless we win and you get your money.
How Our Work Injury Lawyer Helps
Depending on your situation, our Indiana bucket truck injury lawyers may help you get benefits through workers’ compensation or to win a settlement in a workplace personal injury, premises liability, or wrongful death lawsuit. We know it is important to act and begin investigations quickly after an accident, and we will get to work to build your case immediately. We will:
- Meet with you to hear how the accident happened and who the at-fault parties may be, and estimate what the case may be worth
- Conduct investigations to gather evidence to prove how the injury occurred, such as through interviews with witnesses and co-workers, and examining the bucket truck and its maintenance records, as well as photographs and videos from the accident, and police, ambulance, and medical records and reports
- Make sure you get proper medical care and that everything is documented
- Handle all correspondence with insurance companies, make sure all forms are filled out correctly in a timely manner and that you know what to do to meet Indiana requirements and prevent hurting your case
- Get expert opinions from accident reconstruction professionals, medical professionals, therapists, and life-care specialists as to how injuries affect your life now and will into the future
- Negotiate with insurance companies and their lawyers for a fair settlement
- Represent you at any hearings
- Prepare your case and advocate on your behalf if it goes to trial
- Handle any appeals if necessary.
When you have Stephenson Rife working for you, you no longer have to file forms, deal with insurance companies, fight denials, or worry about whether you have the best settlement offer. Let us handle all legal hurdles while you concentrate on your recovery.
Bucket Truck Injuries Attorney Fights for Compensation
Depending on the circumstances of the accident, injured workers may receive compensation through the Indiana workers’ compensation system or through a personal injury lawsuit.
Generally, if you are employed in Indiana, and are not a federal employee, you are eligible for workers’ compensation if you are injured on the job.
Workers’ compensation is an insurance plan designed to cover a worker’s medical bills, lost wages and other costs if injured on the job. The Indiana Workers’ Compensation Board regulates workers’ comp in Indiana, and most workers are eligible for this insurance coverage from the first day of employment.
While workers’ comp provides helpful benefits, they only pay two-thirds of your average weekly wages. They do not cover all costs or prevent you from having serious financial losses, and they pay nothing for your non-monetary damages such as pain and suffering.
However, even if you are receiving workers’ comp, it is often possible to get full compensation and have all your losses covered by bringing a lawsuit against a third party whose conduct caused or contributed to your injury.
Personal Injury Lawsuit
Federal and Indiana agencies have strict guidelines and regulations, and there are recommendations for safe work practices by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) that require training, bucket truck maintenance, and safety devices or procedures to keep bucket truck workers safe while doing their jobs. Unfortunately, management or maintenance personnel may ignore these regulations or fail to ensure they are properly followed, and tragic accidents occur.
While in Indiana, you cannot sue your employer for negligence, you can sue a third party for negligence in a personal injury lawsuit. These lawsuits can be brought in situations where a party with whom your company does not have an employer-employee relationship was negligent and caused your injuries.
- Equipment manufacturers— if equipment had defects in design, construction or labeling that resulted in injuries
- Contractors or vendors — outside contractors or vendors in the work area who were negligent and caused your injuries, such as by running into your boom and causing you to fall.
Our Stephenson Rife bucket truck accident attorney can help you get workers’ compensation if appropriate and determine whether you can go beyond workers’ comp and file a third-party lawsuit for full compensation.
Damages our Bucket Truck Accident Lawyers May Recover
In a successful lawsuit, our bucket truck accident attorneys may recover a compensation award, called damages to cover the losses from the accident. Indiana allows you to recover compensatory damages for both your economic (monetary costs and losses) and noneconomic damages (damages that do not have a specific dollar value but negatively impact your life).
Compensatory damages may include:
- Medical and rehabilitative bills and equipment
- Costs of continuing care
- Full lost wages from being unable to work
- Property damage
- Physical, mental, and emotional pain and suffering
- Permanent disability.
Punitive damages may also be awarded in certain rare circumstances to punish negligent parties for willful negligence or especially egregious behavior and to act as a deterrent to similar misconduct in the future.
Indianapolis Bucket Truck Accident Lawyers Answer FAQs
When dealing with a serious injury, you are bound to have questions and concerns. These are best addressed at your free consultation, but to get started, here are some answers to questions our attorneys are often asked.
Will my employer retaliate if I file a claim?
Employers cannot legally retaliate against workers who exercise their right to file a claim after being injured on the job. However, Indiana is an at-will employment state, which means that an employer can generally fire an employee at any time. Our lawyers can make sure everything is done correctly and make it less likely you will lose your job after filing a claim.
Are there time limits to filing a lawsuit?
Yes, Indiana has a deadline called a statute of limitations (Indiana statute §34-11-2-4) that is generally two years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury lawsuit, and, in case of death, two years to file a wrongful death claim from the day of the death.
What if I did something to contribute to the accident?
You may still collect damages if your fault is not greater than fifty percent (50%) of the total fault involved in the incident, according to Indiana’s modified comparative negligence statute (Indiana Code Title 34, Section 51-2-5, et seq.). However, the damage award will be reduced according to the percentage of fault you bear.
What if a loved one dies from a bucket truck accident?
If the accident results in death, Indiana’s wrongful death statute (IC 34-23-1-2) allows the personal representative of the deceased to file a wrongful death suit for damages for medical, hospital, funeral, and burial expenses, as well as compensation for loss of love and companionship and lost wages and reasonable attorney’s fees.
When you have our Stephenson Rife lawyers working for you, we will always be there to answer questions that injured workers frequently ask and explain all legal procedures.
Get Help from Our Bucket Truck Accident Lawyers
At Stephenson Rife, our Indianapolis bucket truck work accident lawyers strive to provide the highest possible level of service. We care about our clients and fight for the results they need. We are dedicated to thoroughly investigating work accidents so that every responsible party is held to account.
Don’t delay. We work on a contingency basis, so there are no up-front costs to you. If we win your case, then attorney’s fees and expenses will be paid out of the settlement.
Call Stephenson Rife at 317-680-2350 for your free consultation today to start your case while evidence is fresh and witnesses can be found.
GET HELP NOW (317) 680-2350
Attorney Mike Stephenson
Attorney Mike Stephenson has 40 years of experience and is a trusted advisor to many individuals and companies. His current practice is dominated by civil litigation in state and federal courts. He focuses much of his time on handling catastrophic injuries caused by all types of accidents, including motor vehicle, trucking, workplace injuries, product liability, just to name a few. Mike is a proven advocate and trial attorney. He has served as lead trial counsel in more than 100 civil jury trials, and has handled litigation in 18 states. [ Attorney Bio ]
Table Of Contents
- Bucket Truck Accidents Lawyer Helps Recover Compensation
- Our Bucket Truck Accident Lawyer Works for You
- Bucket Truck Injuries Attorney Fights for Compensation
- Damages our Bucket Truck Accident Lawyers May Recover
- Indianapolis Bucket Truck Accident Lawyers Answer FAQs
- Get Help from Our Bucket Truck Accident Lawyers