We Won $48.5 Million in a Truck Accident Case
In this case, we took more than 60 depositions in five different states. Because of Stephenson’s tireless advocacy, shortly before the trial was to commence, the defendants settled the case for $48.5 million.
Cement truck accidents are unfortunate but avoidable. Such incidents often arise due to oversights within the truck company, negligence on the part of the construction company, or the driver’s lack of caution. Getting the help of an Indianapolis cement truck accident lawyer can be instrumental in holding motor carriers accountable for the injuries and damages resulting from the driver’s negligence.
Concrete mixer trucks, commonly known as cement trucks, are vital in delivering concrete mixtures to construction sites. Their massive size and slow-moving nature can pose significant risks on the road. With their distinctive design and heavy payloads, they have the potential to endanger other drivers, leading to severe accidents that result in injuries or even fatalities.
With a weight exceeding 40,000 pounds, cement trucks carry substantial loads to and from their destinations. Comparatively, the average weight of a passenger vehicle is a mere 4,000 pounds. Considering the immense weight of a concrete mixer truck, collisions involving these vehicles and other motor vehicles can have devastating consequences. Given the sheer mass of a concrete mixer truck, the repercussions can be devastating when it collides with another motor vehicle.
After a concrete truck accident, where immense pain and suffering have been endured, every victim must receive rightful compensation from the responsible large trucking companies. Whether you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a cement truck accident or you have tragically lost a family member, contact an experienced Indianapolis concrete truck accident lawyer today. With our deep knowledge, expertise, and extensive resources, we have the necessary tools to navigate the intricacies of concrete accident cases. Contact us now at 317-680-250 to schedule a free consultation.
Contact Stephenson Rife at 317-680-250 to book a free phone, video, or in-person consultation.
Why Choose Stephenson Rife, Indianapolis Concrete Truck Accident Lawyer?
Stephenson Rife is the unwavering advocate for justice when trucking companies resort to cutting corners, drivers display carelessness or lack experience, or manufacturers release defective truck products.
With steadfast commitment, we have successfully helped countless truck accident victims obtain the rightful compensation from insurance companies. Businesses involved in the ownership or use of cement mixer trucks know the inherent dangers they pose. As a result, they often employ a team of lawyers to shield themselves from potential lawsuits when their cement trucks cause injuries. Furthermore, insurance companies offering policies for these trucks make every effort to avoid paying out the compensation that injury victims rightfully deserve.
At Stephenson Rife, we stand firm in our resolve to fight for justice for truck accident victims, ensuring they receive the compensation they are entitled to. Here are some reasons to choose Stephenson Rife:
- Specialization in Concrete Truck Accident Cases: Concrete truck accidents involve unique legal challenges, often requiring in-depth knowledge of personal injury law and the specific regulations and safety standards governing the concrete industry. Our concrete truck accident lawyers’ in-depth understanding of the intricacies involved in concrete truck accidents equips us to navigate the complexities of these cases with confidence and precision.
- Proven Track Record: Our concrete truck accident lawyers boast an impressive record of successfully representing clients in concrete truck accident cases throughout Indianapolis. With years of experience, our attorneys have honed their skills and developed effective strategies for securing favorable outcomes. our track record speaks for itself, with numerous settlements and verdicts obtained for our clients, helping them recover the compensation they deserve.
- Resources and Network: Concrete truck accident cases often involve complex investigations, expert testimonies, and the need for substantial evidence. We have access to a wide network of professionals, including accident reconstruction experts, medical specialists, and economists, who can provide valuable insights and strengthen your case. Our resources and connections enable us to build a robust legal argument on your behalf, ensuring no stone is left unturned.
- Client-Centered Service: Our cement truck accident lawyers treat every client with utmost care and attention. Each concrete truck accident case is unique and requires a tailored approach. Our team takes the time to listen to your concerns, gather all the necessary details, and develop a legal strategy. With open lines of communication and regular updates, you can rest assured that you are in capable hands and that your best interests are being prioritized.
You need an experienced Indianapolis concrete truck accident lawyer to handle your cement truck accident case. Contact Stephenson Rife at 317-680-250 to schedule a free phone, video meeting, or in-person consultation.
Concrete Truck Injuries
If the concrete truck driver is found to be at fault, you are entitled to seek compensation for your losses. Many injuries stem from driver negligence, including distracted driving, fatigue or drowsiness, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, operating faulty or poorly maintained trucks, and using improper loading practices. These accidents can manifest in various forms, including:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): The impact of a concrete truck collision can result in traumatic brain injuries, ranging from concussions to more severe forms like brain hemorrhages or contusions. TBIs can lead to long-term cognitive impairments, memory loss, and other debilitating symptoms.
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCIs): The force of a concrete truck accident can cause spinal cord injuries, such as fractures, herniated discs, or even paralysis. These injuries often result in permanent disabilities, affecting mobility, sensation, and bodily functions.
- Bone Fractures and Orthopedic Injuries: The high impact and force involved in a concrete truck accident can lead to fractures and orthopedic injuries in various parts of the body, including the limbs, ribs, pelvis, and spine. These injuries may require extensive medical treatment, surgery, and rehabilitation.
- Internal Organ Damage: The force of a collision with a concrete truck can cause severe damage to internal organs, leading to internal bleeding, lacerations, or organ failure. Urgent medical attention is essential to diagnose and treat these injuries promptly.
- Crush Injuries: Due to the size and weight of concrete trucks, people involved in accidents may suffer crush injuries. These injuries occur when body parts get trapped between the truck and another object, resulting in significant tissue damage, fractures, and possible amputations.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Whiplash, strains, sprains, and other soft tissue injuries are common in concrete truck accidents. These injuries can cause inflammation, pain, and reduced mobility and may require ongoing physical therapy for recovery.
- Psychological and Emotional Trauma: Concrete truck accidents can have a profound psychological impact on victims. Survivors may experience post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, and other emotional disturbances, impacting their overall quality of life.
If you or your loved ones have suffered concrete truck injuries, contact Stephenson Rife, cement truck accident lawyer.
What Should I Do If I’m in an Accident Involving a Cement Truck?
Trucking companies are prepared to defend any claims brought against them. They often deploy a team of representatives, attorneys, and experts who swiftly arrive at the accident scene to build a case against you. To ensure you are well-prepared, it is essential to take the following steps immediately after a cement truck accident:
- Get Immediate Medical Attention: Even if your injuries appear minor, it is important to consult with a medical professional. Adrenaline can mask pain and delay the recognition of serious injuries, including potential brain trauma.
- File an Official Report: Report the accident to the police, as an official report will contain vital information necessary for filing a claim. If the accident occurred while you were on the job, promptly notify your employer.
- Gather Contact Information: If physically able, collect the contact details of all the involved parties and witnesses at the accident scene. Additionally, record the names and badge numbers of any responding police officers.
- Document the Accident: Use your phone to take pictures of the accident scene, vehicles involved, the surrounding area, and any visible injuries sustained.
- Notify Your Insurance Company: Contact your insurance company to report the accident. However, refrain from providing a statement to the other party’s insurance company until after consulting with a lawyer.
- Contact an Experienced Truck Accident Attorney: Contact our team of experienced cement accident lawyers with specialized expertise in investigating, developing, negotiating, and litigating cement truck accident cases.
Who are the Liable Parties After an Accident With a Concrete Truck?
Like many other motor vehicle accidents, concrete truck accidents often involve multiple parties. While truck drivers may bear some fault, it is important to recognize that other parties may also be indirectly involved. The potential defendants in concrete truck accident cases may include:
- The Driver: The driver carries responsibility for taking reasonable care on the road and while operating the truck. Negligent actions such as drunk or distracted driving can constitute a breach of duty. The driver owes a duty of care to other road users, and reckless behavior can lead to accidents.
- The Company Responsible for Truck Construction and Maintenance: If the truck was not built or maintained properly, the company involved in these processes might share the responsibility. Inadequate maintenance can lead to mechanical failures while the truck is in operation, posing a significant danger to others on the road.
- The Government: Responsibility can also extend to the government, particularly in cases where regular road repairs are neglected. Poorly maintained roads can contribute to accidents and injuries. The government is obligated to ensure road users’ safety by conducting necessary repairs and maintenance.
- The Trucking Company: They can be held liable if they allow untrained drivers to operate their vehicles. These companies must conduct proper screening and provide adequate training to ensure the competence of their drivers. Failure to do so can be considered negligence.
In concrete truck accident cases, determining liability requires a comprehensive analysis of the actions or negligence of all parties involved. By considering the responsibilities of each party, it becomes possible to ascertain the extent of their liability in contributing to the accident.
Contact An Experienced Indianapolis Concrete Truck Accident Lawyer Today
While it may initially appear that you have a straightforward case, it is essential to understand that cement truck accidents are seldom as simple as they seem. Negotiating a settlement with the other party’s insurance company may not yield the desired outcome, and you could find yourself pressured to accept an initial offer.
To secure the compensation you deserve and to get justice, rely on the expertise of our skilled Indianapolis cement truck accident lawyers. At Stephenson Rife, we boast a team of proven trial attorneys with the necessary experience, tenacity, and unwavering dedication to our clients’ success. We leave no stone unturned in our pursuit of maximum compensation for our clients.
Take the first step toward your rightful recovery by contacting Stephenson Rife at 317-680-250 to schedule a free consultation.
What types of compensation can I seek for my concrete truck injuries?
The compensation you may be eligible for in a concrete truck injury case can include medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, pain and suffering, emotional distress, property damage, and, in some cases, punitive damages.
Can I still pursue a claim if the concrete truck driver was not at fault?
Yes, even if the concrete truck driver was not at fault, you may still be able to pursue a claim for your injuries. Liability can extend to other parties involved in the accident, such as the trucking company, vehicle manufacturer, or maintenance providers. It is essential to consult with a skilled attorney who can thoroughly investigate the accident, identify all potentially responsible parties, and build a strong case to maximize your chances of obtaining compensation.
Should I accept a settlement offer from the insurance company?
It is important to exercise caution when dealing with insurance companies after a concrete truck accident. Insurance companies may offer low settlement amounts that do not adequately cover your damages. Before accepting any settlement offer, it is advisable to consult with a cement truck accident lawyer who can evaluate the offer, negotiate on your behalf, and ensure you receive fair compensation.
What role can a personal injury lawyer play in my concrete truck injury case?
A personal injury lawyer specializing in concrete truck accidents can provide guidance and support throughout your case. They can investigate the accident, gather evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, and, if necessary, represent you in court.
Attorney Brady Rife
Attorney Brady Rife has developed a diverse civil litigation practice for plaintiffs throughout Indiana. Brady is heavily involved in serious personal injury matters, complex business and commercial disputes, and insurance litigation in state and federal courts. Some of the firm’s most successful cases include winning a $48 million settlement against a large corporation in a fatal vehicle crash in New Mexico and a $14 million dollar settlement against a national trucking company in Illinois. The firm handles cases across the United States. [ Attorney Bio ]
Table Of Contents
- Why Choose Stephenson Rife, Indianapolis Concrete Truck Accident Lawyer?
- Concrete Truck Injuries
- What Should I Do If I’m in an Accident Involving a Cement Truck?
- Who are the Liable Parties After an Accident With a Concrete Truck?
- Contact An Experienced Indianapolis Concrete Truck Accident Lawyer Today