Work with a Rear-End Truck Accident Lawyer in Indianapolis
While you are operating a motor vehicle, safety is always your top responsibility. Unfortunately, not everyone follows suit. Hence, you must understand what to do if a truck collision occurs.
We are Stephenson Rife, LLP, and we have a tremendous amount of experience representing clients who have been involved in different types of truck accidents. That includes rear-ending truck accidents.
Learn more about how rear-end truck accidents happen, and consider relying on a rear-end truck accident lawyer from our team to represent you. Our top priority is to defend your rights and protect your interests, so reach out to us today to speak to our team.
Our lawyers fight hard for individuals and families in the local area. If you have been involved in a truck accident, we can fight for you, too.
Contact us today to schedule a free case consultation at (317) 680-2350.
Why Choose Us?
We recognize that you have options when looking for a lawyer to defend you following a vehicle accident. We believe you should rely on us to represent you for a number of reasons.
Top among them are the following:
- Experience: We have represented clients in the local area for years, and we have accumulated a wealth of knowledge that we can use to help you position your case for success. We will use all of our experience to help you navigate the legal waters and put you in the best position possible to maximize your compensation.
- Previous Reviews:strong> Even though we can certainly talk about what we can do for our clients, we also are transparent when it comes to our previous reviews and ratings. Take a look at our client reviews! See what they have to say for yourself.
- Case Results: Our case results speak for themselves. We have a long track record of successful cases and believe we can add yours to the list. We can recover a wide range of damages for our clients and will fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Client Service: It is our client service that truly sets us apart from other attorneys in the industry. You are our primary priority when you work with us, and we keep you informed at every stage. We will always take the time to translate legal jargon for you. We want to make sure that you understand what happens next.
For all these reasons, consider relying on the Stephenson Rife, LLP team to represent you. We are confident that we can obtain the results you are looking for.
How Do Rear-End Truck Accidents Happen?
Even though you pay close attention to the road, a rear-end truck accident can still happen at just about any time.
When you take a look at the damage, you will see that truck accidents always have the potential to be very serious. So, how do rear-end truck accidents happen?
Without a doubt, distracted driving is one of the most common causes of rear-end truck accidents. Truck drivers need to pay attention to the road just as all other drivers need to pay attention to the road.
If the truck driver gets distracted by his or her cell phone, the radio, or other passengers in the truck, the truck may not realize that you have come to a stop. Then, when the truck driver steps on the brakes, it is too late. A serious accident will take place.
A Lack of Maintenance
It is the responsibility of trucking companies to take care of their vehicles. There are some situations where a lack of maintenance can contribute to a rear-end truck accident. For example, the brakes may have worn out and need to be replaced.
If the trucking company does not replace the brakes on time, it could result in the inability of the truck driver to bring his or her vehicle to a complete stop before an accident happens.
Truck drivers must drive long distances, and the weather can change along the way. For example, there might be some situations where there is winter precipitation on the road and others where the roads are a bit wet.
If the roads are wet, it could take longer for the truck driver to come to a complete stop, and it could result in a severe accident.
Following Too Closely
Finally, a rear-end truck accident can also happen purely because the driver is following too closely to the vehicle in front. You should leave at least one car length between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you as you drive down the road.
Because trucks are so heavy, they need to leave even more space. If the truck follows you too closely, the driver may need more time to stop if you hit your brakes. Failure to leave proper space could result in a serious collision.
These are just a few of the many ways that a serious truck accident could develop. If you are involved in a rear-end truck accident, speak to a truck accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Call us today to schedule a free case consultation at (317) 680-2350.
How We Can Help You
If you decide to partner with our team, there are plenty of ways that we can help you defend your rights and recover compensation. Some of these include:
- Investigate the Accident: We will always start by conducting a full investigation of the accident because we want to understand exactly what led to it. We can talk to people who may have seen the accident, and we may be able to request documentation from various parties involved. We want to make sure that we do not overlook anything.
- Work with Experts: In some situations, we might need to hire experts to provide us with more background. For example, suppose we are pursuing compensation for your medical expenses. In that case, we might need to hire a medical expert to discuss the severity of your injuries. We could also work with a specialist who can reconstruct the accident and show us what happened.
- Negotiate with the Insurance Company: An insurance company will reach out to you to offer a settlement, and you should direct them to us. We can negotiate with the insurance company to make sure that we recover the compensation you deserve.
- File a Lawsuit: If you feel you deserve additional compensation, we could file a lawsuit against the trucking company and truck driver directly. We may be able to pursue compensation for various types of damages, including property damage and medical expenses.
Our team will do everything possible to maximize the size of your settlement and ensure you recover enough compensation to cover your expenses.
Contact Stephenson Rife, LLP for a Rear-End Truck Accident Attorney in Indianapolis
If you have been involved in a rear-end truck accident, be sure to see a doctor as soon as possible. Then, talk to us about the circumstances of your accident, as you could be deserving of compensation.
At Stephenson Rife, LLP, we always advocate for the needs of our clients, and we are here to represent you as well. Contact us today to schedule a free case consultation at (317) 680-2350.
FAQs About Rear-End Truck Accidents
We will always take the time to answer your questions before we move forward. A few examples of common questions that people ask us include:
There are many factors involved in how long it will take us to resolve your claim. If we can settle your claim out of court, we may be able to resolve it in a few weeks or months. If we feel it is better to go to trial, it might take longer.
Plenty of factors will play a role in the size of your ultimate settlement, including:
- The size of your medical expenses
- The extent of your property damage
- The circumstances that led to the accident.
The trucking company is responsible for the actions of its drivers, so we may be able to hold the trucking company liable for a portion of the accident. This is particularly true if they did not train their drivers properly or if they did not maintain the vehicle appropriately.
You have two years to file a lawsuit in Indiana, so be sure to reach out to us as soon as possible to schedule your case consultation.
Attorney Mike Stephenson
Attorney Mike Stephenson has 40 years of experience and is a trusted advisor to many individuals and companies. His current practice is dominated by civil litigation in state and federal courts. He focuses much of his time on handling catastrophic injuries caused by all types of accidents, including motor vehicle, trucking, workplace injuries, product liability, just to name a few. Mike is a proven advocate and trial attorney. He has served as lead trial counsel in more than 100 civil jury trials, and has handled litigation in 18 states. [ Attorney Bio ]